The big update from Scanbot for iOS and Android to version 7 is here. And as befits such a jump in the version, many new features are added. “In addition to new filters optimized by machine learning, a refreshed design with new color themes, the ability to send documents directly to DATEVcconnect online, there are many improvements that result in faster processing,” said the developer.
Scanbot 7 has been given a few significantly improved filters. Using technologies such as machine learning, the new filters should ensure that the scan results look even better than before. The paper should look strongly white and the text should be crystal clear. Great promise, but so far you are also used to a lot from Scanbot. Despite conversion, the new b / w filter is designed to preserve all the details of the original, while the grayscale filter is designed to provide more dynamics and clarity. The whole thing is complemented by the two filters “Magic Color” and “Magic Text”. Thanks to the now also available sliders, the filters can be adjusted even more finely by individually setting parameters such as contrast, brightness or saturation.
Also the design of the app has been improved once again. Modern is the motto here and of course Scanbot 7 should also offer a much better usability than the previous versions. The color themes of the app previously used by the users were reworked once again. In addition, many new themes have been added. Among them should also find designs that are intended for people with limited vision and provide a correspondingly high contrast.
New cloud service
According to the developer of Scanbot, one of the requests most frequently expressed by users was to partner with DATEV eG. This has now happened and provides Scanbot users with a professional background the opportunity to use the new DATEVconnect online interface. Here, the scanned documents can be further processed online after uploading to DATEV companies. For the time being, this interface will only be available for iOS users, but implementation for Android is already in the planning stage.
Otherwise, Scanbot 7 now also offers a new search, which thanks to automatic suggestions (location, date or keywords) should ensure even faster finding of searched documents. And while we are just “fast”: Text annotations can now no longer be drawn only with the finger, but may now be entered with the iOS keyboard. In addition, the logic of document creation and processing was probably revised in the form that especially smaller PDF files can now be generated much faster.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with many new features :
- Mobile payments (Android Pay) feature.
- Better RAM Management.
- Fingerprint support.- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication.
- See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file first. Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.zip