Alibaba is getting more and more turnover from cross-border activities, according to the quarterly figures that have just been published. Turnover grew 64 percent to a still modest 652 million dollars.
In the coming months, so-called C2C (client-to-customer) marketplaces of daughter Lazada like LazMall and LazGlobal will have to ensure international growth.
The total Alibaba Group generated 61 percent more turnover in the second quarter than last year: 12 billion dollars. Most of it, more than 10 billion, concerns e-commerce. Alibaba did record a substantially lower net profit of 1.3 billion dollars. This was due to payments to employees of subsidiary Ant Financial.
Alibaba has attracted more customers on its trading platforms last quarter. For Taobao, there were 17 million monthly users, bringing the total to 634 million. More and more customers are using the app to buy items.
Nowadays, Alibaba also earns physical sales through Hema (no relationship with the Dutch brand) and Ele.me (meals).
An important growth market for Alibaba is the cloud: good for 710 million dollars, 93 percent more than a year ago. Major new customers were Minsheng Bank and China Communications Construction Group (CCCG).
Digital media and entertainment, including video service Youku, generated $ 903 million. Youku brought together China Central Television (CCTV) streams from the 2018 FIFA World Cup to China.
Last month Alibaba took a minority stake in Focus Media, which manages billboards in 300 Chinese cities. With this, the company seems to be entering a new market.
Investors are happy with the numbers. The stock rose before 2.3 percent.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with many new features :
- Mobile payments (Android Pay) feature.
- Better RAM Management.
- Fingerprint support.- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication.
- See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file first. Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.zip